Saturday, December 28, 2013

THE METALLIC TWEED SHIFT

Happy Saturday!
I've expressed numerous times my love for tweed and how ecstatic I was to see it as a trend for fall/winter 2013. When it came to shopping the trend from plus size brands, I was a little skeptical because I thought it would all look dowdy, boring, and just plain old lady.


However, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Simply Be's take on the tweed trend. This year they produced stylish and youthful looking tweed pieces. Remember my tweed biker jacket (seen here). One of my other fave pieces was this boucle shift dress.What initially drew me to this dress was the gold metallic threading. It was refreshing. I also loved the satin peter pan collar and satin paneling on the sleeves and front pockets.

Shift dresses are normally not my favorite silhouette but I like how the fit of this boucle dress skimmed over my body.I added a blt because I wanted a more shapely look but I would totally be fine with losing the belt and letting the dress just hang.

I added a wool camel colored peacoat because although its been about 50 degrees, its still winter.


I used accessories with gold hardware accents to play p the metallic thread. My Michael Kors Hamilton tote,Torrid ankle boots, a Michael Kors watch, and a gold cuff from ASOS Curve.


What I'm Wearing
Dress: Simply Be (gifted) get it HERE
Belt-Old
Bag: Michael Kors- (get it HERE)
Shoes- Torrid (get it HERE)
Cuff-ASOS (get it HERE)
Watch-Micheal Kors (get it HERE)
Coat: Simply BE (gifted) old

1 comment:

  1. Hello,Ciao Alissa...this boucle tweed dress & the gold metallic threading give you a fresh,cheerful...yet chic,elegant,glamour Look...perfect blend with the Shoes feat gold accents...Great outfit!
    Happy holidays & Season’s Greetings from Italy!

    ReplyDelete