Saturday, December 7, 2013

PLAIDAMONIUM


Happy Saturday!
I have been quite the trend lover lately and the trend I am obsessed with is plaid. Yes, I've taken a short break from leopard and have now moved on to plaid. 

As with almost every outfit of mine, there is a story behind how I found a certain piece. In this look both pieces have a little story. Don't worry, I'll be brief. The plaid skirt is from Simply Be and when I first saw it, I absolutely loved it. However, I was hesitant to buy it because I wasn't sold on the plaid trend at the time. So one day while checking out some of my fellow bloggers, I spied the skirt on Kellie B. from And I Get Dressed. The skirt looked so cute on her that it made me want to buy it.


Of course as my luck would have it, the skirt was sold out in my size on the Simply Be website. About 2 weeks ago, during their 30% off sale there were 3 sizes left (now completely sold out) and one of them was only one size smaller than what I wear. I thought to myself. 30% off and one size too small, I'll take the gamble. The skirt had about 5% elastic, so I figured with the help of Spanx I should be able to shimmy hips into it comfortable and as you can see, it fits.


I was trying to think of how I could wear it. I initially had plans on a black peplum top but one day last weekend, while riding the train and thinking about the skirt (yes, I randomly put outfits together in my head on my train rides home) I had a vision of wearing the skirt with a sweatshirt.


I remembered seeing this sweatshirt plaid sleeved sweatshirt in Forever21 and I thought it would be a great match up with the skirt. So, while on a lunch break, I headed over to F21 in TImes Square to see if they had the sweatshirt and yup, they did. I got home, tried both pieces on, and liked the result of both of them together.


I added my favorite gold link necklace from ASOS Curve, a gold cuff, and a black faux leather clutch from Aldo's


Gold hoops and black suede pumps pulled the look together. This look is definitely a little different for me but I think it still embodies class, sophistication, and a little edginess.


What do you guys think of my latest ensemble? Are you into the plaid trend?


Currently Simply Be is having 40% off their site check them out HERE

Shop Plaid Pieces


2 comments:

  1. Hello,Ciao Alissa...this's a Stunning,Breathtaking outfit of yours!...You create an Outfit like an Artist create a work of Art...and...always Your Outfits are so Creative,Unique and Fabolous that they're Works of Art!...the plaid Skirt is hugging your Magic Silhouette and add a note of colour that make shining your Beauty...very charming Look...Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Alissa, you look fantastic hun! I, myself am not sold on the paid tremd as yet, as I still et 90's flashbacks. But you make this trend look epic and you pull it off seamlessly. W2G!
    xox,
    kk

    ReplyDelete